Welcome to our visitors guestbook. Here you will find what you need to know to help ensure a smooth visit to Katog Rit'hrod.
Questions? Katog Rit'hrod.
- We have sitting cushions in the temple, but you might want to bring your favorite from home.
- In the warmer weather, you may want to bring a swimsuit - there's a lovely swimming hole just down the road.
- The center is not able to accommodate dogs - including service dogs. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Please don't pat our lovely black cat, Maiya. Originally feral, she bites hard and unpredictably.
Overnight or Longer
Katog Rit'hrod offers overnight lodging and longer term retreat space for Khentrul Rinpoche's students and those with a strong connection to him.
Anyone planning to stay longer than a night or two will be referred to Khentrul Rinpoche for permission and guidance during their stay.
To be considered for overnight or longer lodging, please complete the lodging request form below.
- We offer rooms with covered mattresses but ask that you bring top bedding for your stay. This helps us keep our laundry loads to a minimum. A sleeping bag is often an easy solution.
- Please bring your own towel and toiletries. You'll have access to bathrooms and a shower.
- We don't have air conditioning nor enough fans for all the rooms. So please consider bringing a small fan.
- Tenting is also a fine housing option, best in spring and fall. We have a few (non-powered) tent platforms to keep you off the ground.
- You'll have access to fridge space and a kitchen in order to prepare your own food.
- We have a group potluck on Sundays at noon but other meals are independent.
- The closest grocery store is Harp's in Jasper, a 30 minute drive. They have a small selection of organic foods.
- Each of you will be given a small task called 'karma yoga.' It's a way to generate merit and make a deeper connection and, of course, we really appreciate help with the many tasks that make Katog Rit'hrod run.
- When you know what time you'll be arriving, please let us know so someone can meet you and help you get settled.
For good interdependence and to contribute to the center's upkeep, we ask that you consider making a donation
of your choice towards your stay at the center.
The donation may be any amount.
You can donate online by clicking here. In the "comment box" just below where you enter the donation amount, please enter something like 'for weekend stay - August 11 & 12'.
Alternately, you may place cash or a check in our donation box located in the library of the main house.